“Look to your health; and if you have it, praise God, and value it next to a good conscience; for health is the second blessing that we mortals are capable of; a blessing that money cannot buy” Izaak Walton
The weigh in to begin the challenge will held Friday 24 June 7 PM -9 PM and Saturday 25 June 2016 9 – 11:30 AM the location for both dates will be held at Woodlin Lodge.
A Satellite weigh in may be requested at the discretion of the Chairman. Each team member’s $50 donation is required at time of weight in. The Challenge begins directly after the initial weight in.
This Challenge will end after the closing weigh in on either 23 September 6 – 8 PM or 24 September 9 – 11:30 AM.
The Team/Lodge and individual winners will be announced in October’s District meeting.
For more information or to request a satellite weigh in please contact the Chairman for the challenge Bro Derek Pierson voice or text 609-556-5414 or email email@example.com
As we all know, health issues have plagued our community and continue to do so. Why not lose some weight and help out a worthy cause?
We are challenging every Lodge in the Fifth Masonic District of The Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge to join us in this endeavor. We all walk around with apparel representing our Lodges, but what good are we if we are not physically capable of doing the work of a Mason.
- We are looking for a one (1) team from every Lodge to compete.
- A donation of $50 per team member is required.
- The winning team will be determined based on largest percentage of weight loss for the team.
- A cash prize will be awarded to the winning Lodge Team.
- A cash prize will be awarded to the individual with highest percentage of weight loss.
Proceeds to be split as followed:
- 10% to all 6 District Lodges that participate and the District Treasury
- 15%- Lodge with highest percentage of weight loss
- 15%- Individual with highest percentage of weight loss
In closing we are looking for maximum participation. To make the challenge fair across the board the percentage of weight lost per team is the criteria not total pounds lost. This isn’t just for the big guys!
Bro Derek Pierson (30)